This post contains affiliate links which help support Katarina’s Paperie. As always, we only recommend things that we truly love. Full disclosure here.
Making food tent cards is simple and fun. They can be used to label desserts, tell guests about party activities or even serve as place cards at your dinner table. Just edit your cards (if desired), print the design, cut and fold. Such an easy way to add a coordinating touch to any celebration. Here is how to make your own set of food tent cards.
You Will Need:
Medium White Cardstock (We recommend Neenah Exact Index white cardstock for beautiful results)
Adobe Acrobat Reader (download your free copy here)
Scissors or Cutting Board
Scoring Board (optional, but recommended if you make food tent cards often)
1. Open up your food tent card file in Adobe Acrobat Reader. Edit your food tent cards with the names of the food you plan on serving at your party, your guests names for place cards or party activities. Or you can leave your cards blank and fill out at party time.
2. Print out your food tent card design on medium white cardstock. Depending on your printer, I recommend using 60 to 90 pound white cardstock.
3. Cut out each food tent card using scissors or a paper cutter.
4. Line up the food tent card on the printed side down. Mark the exact middle of the card.
5. Run the bone folder down the center of the card, pressing hard to make a fold. Depending on the weight of your cardstock, repeat two to three times.
6. Carefully fold your card at the crease. If the edges do not match up perfectly, trim the excess.
7. If your cards do not have written names, handwrite them on the cards at party time. You could also use printed labels for the typed look.
Food tent cards are such a fantastic addition to any party and really a detail that shouldn’t be missed. And the best part… they’re so easy to make that you’re sure to add them to every celebration, big or small.
These food tent cards are from our robot party design collection.
Love celebrating with your kids? Be sure to sign up for our weekly newsletter. It is filled with kids party fun, celebration ideas, behind the scenes of our shop and be the first to know about new shop releases. Plus, you’ll be guaranteed not to miss our weekly free printable.
Still not sure? We also wrote an amazing FREE party crafting e-book called Party Circles Everywhere. Check out 10 fun crafts that you can make using this one party design. You can actually decorate an ENTIRE party with it! Pretty amazing. Sign up HERE.