This post contains affiliate links which help support Katarina’s Paperie. As always, we only recommend things that we truly love. Full disclosure here.
There’s no better way to greet party guests than with a beautiful welcome sign. A gorgeous sign makes guests feel welcome at your event and sets the tone for the rest of your celebration. It also let’s them know where the event is located and puts them at ease that they are in the right place. Here are some basic steps to assembling a beautiful welcome sign for your next event.
You Will Need:
Welcome Sign Design
Adobe Acrobat Reader (Download your free copy here)
Medium to Heavy white cardstock (We recommend Neenah Exact Index, 110 lb for an extra heavy white cardstock)
Scissors or Paper Trimmer
1. Print out your welcome sign on heavy cardstock. Cut out using scissors or a paper cutter. A quick note – you do not need a paper cutter to cut out any of the party printables, but they do make your job easier and allow for more accurate cutting. If you create printables often, you might consider adding this important tool to your collection. Although I’ve been through a number of paper cutters since starting Katarina’s Paperie, the Swingline Classic Cut Pro is my favorite. There is also a Swingline Classic Cut Lite if you would like a model with a little less bulk.
2. Line up the sign with a corner of the cardstock leaving a half inch border. Cut around the rest of the sign continuing the half inch border.
3. Decide where to place your holes for hanging your sign. Mark the location on the back of your sign with a pencil. Punch the holes in the sign.
4. Cut a piece of ribbon, twine or yarn. Be sure you leave enough length to make a bow. Thread your ribbon through both of the holes.
5. Tie a bow at the top of your sign. Hang your sign at the party entrance to welcome guests as they arrive.
A few other tips to keep in mind…
When choosing a place to hang your sign, put in a spot guests are sure to see it. Some ideas are to hang it on the front door, place on a mailbox or set on an entrance table.
Cut ribbon, twine or yarn longer rather than shorter. it’s always easier to cut than add on.
Choose a smaller hole punch if possible. It helps hide the holes on the sign and make your sign look even prettier.
This welcome sign is from our lemonade stand printable party collection. It’s a fun set of party printables for any lemonade stand or lemonade playdate.
Love celebrating with your kids? Be sure to sign up for our weekly newsletter. It is filled with kids party fun, celebration ideas, behind the scenes of our shop and be the first to know about new shop releases. Plus, you’ll be guaranteed not to miss our weekly free printable.
Still not sure? We also wrote an amazing FREE party crafting e-book called Party Circles Everywhere. Check out 10 fun crafts that you can make using this one party design. You can actually decorate an ENTIRE party with it! Pretty amazing. Sign up HERE.